*** Update ***
Blossoms Restaurant - Open for Business!
Day 2 of our new school meals service. On the menu today Chinese Chicken and Noodles to celebrate Chinese New Year. Other popular choices were the baked potatoes with a selection of fillings. The salad bar is proving to be a big hit with everyone. Puddings were homemade Vanilla Cookies, Yogurt, Fresh Fruit and Crumble. Yummy!
Well done to all the cooks and school staff who have ensured that our new lunchtime service is a great success!
The Governors have previously written to you to let you know that they would be appointing a new school meals provider in order to offer increased choice and flexibility at a competitive price. We are excited to let you know that our new school meal provider is Dolce Schools Catering.
The benefits that Dolce offer are as follows
- An increased meal option choice
- An increased flexibility of booking (for example one off meals)
- An online booking system where Parents can choose their child’s meal
- A direct payment system between parents and Dolce (bypassing the school office)
- A reduction in current cost per meal to parents (from £2.82 per meal to £2.30 per meal)
- A removal of the current need for the school budget to subsidise the cost of KS1 Meals (currently £2000 per term)
It is very important that you read this so that you understand the major changes which are beginning to take place.
Even if your child does not currently take a school meal, we would recommend that you register with Dolce and set up a ‘Live Kitchen Account’ as they may choose to do so in the future and/or may occasionally forget their packed lunch.
Payments will be made by yourselves DIRECT TO DOLCE using your new Live Kitchen Account and can either be by Direct Debit or by Credit/Debit card. From the point at which we move to Dolce (scheduled for Monday 4th February) we will NOT BE USING PARENTPAY FOR SCHOOL MEALS PAYMENTS.
You can find out more about Dolce by visiting www.dolce.co.uk
There is an opportunity for you to come and find out about the new meals service on Thursday 24th January at 2.45 when DavidFleming, Area Manager, will make a presentation and be on hand to answer your questions.