Our school VLE (virtual learning environment) is a personalised area on the internet for pupils, teachers, parents and carers. It is an online space where pupils can access a wide range of learning resources —anytime, anywhere! Our VLE is called DB Primary.
Our VLE is designed to help pupils learn at home both independently and in partnership with their parents.
Online learning resources may include maths, spelling and computing activities, or forums for discussions and collaboration.
Our Virtual Learning Environment will enable pupils to:
- Access learning materials created by their teachers and others outside lesson time and from any location
- Store work and notes online for use in homework and revision
- Work at their own pace and with a wider choice of learning styles
- Improve their ICT skills and online management
- Participate in live discussions and forums with other students and teachers
- Practical benefits for parents & carers:
Our Virtual Learning Environment will enable parents and carers to:
- Support children with learning which takes place outside school
- Access their child's personal home page to keep track of their work and the curriculum
- Engage with wider school issues through online communication tools
- Become active partners with the school
If you do not have a computer with internet access, please let your child’s teacher know. Some activities added to the VLE can be made available as a paper copy.
Please note that DB Primary does not filter the internet. You need to have your own internet firewall and parental controls set up.
You will need a password to access the wealth of information on the DB Primary site, if you do not have a parent's password please speak to the school office or contact us using the form below.
Please click here to access our DB Primary homepage